Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 40 Mins
3 pounds red potatoes
¼ cup of melted butter
¼ cup of all-purpose flour
8 cups of half-and-half
16 ounces Velveeta cubed
½ tsp white pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
½ pound bacon
1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
½ cup of chopped fresh chives
½ cup of chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook bacon till crisp. Set aside bacon crumbles.
2. Cut red potatoes into ½-inch cubes after they have been peeled.
3. Put the potatoes in a big Dutch oven, add the water, and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, or until the
food is ¾ done.
4. Stir together the melted butter and flour in a separate large Dutch oven until smooth.
5. Stirring continuously, place over low heat and gradually add half-and-half. Stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and the liquid starts to thicken.
6. Stir thoroughly after adding Velveeta.
7. Add drained potatoes to the cream mixture.
8. Add pepper, garlic powder, and spicy sauce and stir. Stir periodically for 30 minutes while cooking with a
cover on low heat.
9. Assemble the soup in individual serving bowls and garnish with the bacon bits, cheese, chives, and parsley.