Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 30 Mins
Total Time: 45 Mins
1 pound penne pasta
4 tbsp divided butter
1 pound chicken breast flesh, sliced into 1-inch slices
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 red onion chopped
1 pound shiitake mushrooms sliced (crimini is ok)
2 cloves garlic
1 cup of Madeira wine
1 cup of chicken broth
½ cup of sour cream
1 cup of heavy cream
½ cup of Parmesan cheese
1. Drain the pasta after cooking it for a minute less than recommended on the package.
2. Add 1 tbsp of butter to a cast iron pan.
3. Cook for 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring once in the center, with the chicken, salt, and pepper.
4. Take the pasta and chicken out of the pan and place them aside.
5. Put 1 tbsp of butter in there.
6. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until browned.
7. Add your onions and 1 tbsp of butter to the pan with the mushrooms.
8. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium-low, or until caramelized.
9. Cook for a further minute after adding the garlic.
10. Let the liquid decrease by ¾ after adding the wine and 1 cup of chicken broth (10-12 minutes
depending on how hot the skillet and flame are).
11. Add the last tbsp of butter, the heavy cream, the Parmesan cheese, and the sour cream.
12. Combine everything well by whisking.
13. Stir in the chicken and noodles after adding them.
14. Serve right away.
15. Additional Parmesan cheese can be used as a garnish.