Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Hrs
Total Time: 30 Mins
2 chicken breasts without bone & skin (about 1 pound)
¼ cup of cornstarch
Vegetable oil, for frying
Spicy Chicken Sauce
5 minced garlic cloves
¼ cup of thinly sliced green onions (green and white parts)
1 cup of pineapple juice
¼ cup of sweet chili sauce, Chinese variety
2 tbsp white vinegar
½ tsp crushed red pepper flake
1. Toss the chicken with cornstarch after cutting it into matchstick-sized pieces.
2. Fry the chicken in a big pan with 1 inch of oil over high heat until done (approximately 3-4 minutes total;
you’re not going for brown here, just crisp).
3. Drain oil after transferring chicken to a platter, saving about 1 tbsp for the sauce.
4. Add the garlic and half of the green onions to a large pan or wok and heat for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
5. Add the pineapple juice, white vinegar, sweet chili sauce, and red pepper flakes by whisking them all
6. Boil for 2-3 minutes until somewhat thickened.
7. Stirring to mix, add the chicken and simmer for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. If the sauce is
still thin, combine 1 tsp of cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water, then add the mixture to the pan and whisk until
the sauce thickens.
8. Add the last of the green onions, mix, and serve immediately.