Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
1½ tbsp masa harina
4 ½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp seasoning salt
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp sugar
1 tsp dried minced onion
½ tsp beef bouillon powder
1 ⅓ pounds ground chuck
Shells and Toppings
12 taco shells
½ head shredded iceberg lettuce
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
2 Roma tomatoes diced
Sour cream optional
1. Mix all of the ingredients, except the meat, in a small bowl.
2. Crumble the ground beef into a large (ideally nonstick) pan and brown while swirling constantly.
3. Get rid of the heat. Drain the water and oil from the beef after dumping it into a strainer in the sink and
giving it a hot water rinse.
4. Bring the meat back to the pan.
5. Add the spice mixture and ¾ to 1 cup of water and stir.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes at medium-low heat to completely cook out the liquid. Before the meat is fully dry,
remove from the fire.
7. Taco shells can be revived if desired by baking them for 7 to 10 minutes at 350°F.
8. Spoon a few tsp of the meat into each taco shell to construct the tacos.
9. As desired, top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream. Serve right away.