Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 5 Mins
Total Time: 20 Mins
1½ cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ cup of Granulated Sugar
2 tbsp Softened Butter
2 tsp Shortening
½ cup of Half and Half
½ cup of Milk
¼ cup of Buttermilk
¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
1. First, combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. To blend, stir.
2. In a second medium dish, whisk the egg lightly.
3. Use an electric mixer to thoroughly combine the sugar, butter, and shortening until the mixture is smooth.
4. Add the vanilla, buttermilk, and half-and-half milk. Mix thoroughly.
5. As you’re beating, add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Mix just a little. Small lumps in the batter are
OK since overmixing might result in waffles that are overly dense.
6. Cover and let stand overnight (You can use batter right away if you like, but a good 12-hour chill makes a
7. Spray your waffle iron with a thin coating of nonstick cooking oil or vegetable oil.
8. Warm up the waffle maker. While your waffle iron is heating up, leave the batter out of the refrigerator to
warm up a little.
9. Fill the iron with ⅓ to ½ cup of batter. three to four minutes, or until brown.
10. Serve it with your preferred topping, whether it is a fruit mixture, spicy vegetables, or a delicious
caramel sauce. Everything fits together well.