Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hr 10 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Mins
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 stalks of diced celery
1 diced onion
1 diced green bell pepper
3 (14-ounce) cans undrained stewed tomatoes
1 (10-ounce) can diced undrained tomatoes with green chiles
14 ounces tomato sauce
1 cup of water
2 (1.25 ounce) packages of chili seasoning
1 (14-ounce) can of kidney beans (do not drain)
1 (14-ounce) can of pinto beans (do not drain)
1 tbsp white vinegar (more or less to taste)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the ground beef in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the crumbled ground beef, occasionally
stirring, until the color is gone.
2. Remove extra fat from meat.
3. Return the meat to the saucepan, add celery, onion, and green bell pepper, and simmer for approximately 5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
4. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with green chiles, and stewed tomatoes. Separate big chunks of
5. Add chili spice and stir.
6. Add the kidney and pinto beans together with the salt and pepper, and then bring to a boil.
7. Decrease the heat, cover, and simmer for one hour.
8. Pour vinegar over the chile.
9. Pour into dishes and serve evenly.
1. Simply follow steps 1 and 2 to prepare this chili in your slow cooker, and then dump everything into the
appliance. Now cook for 2-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Serve with your preferred chili toppings.
To turn this into a freezer meal
2. Cook the ground beef on the stovetop and transfer it in a gallon-sized resealable freezer bag or another
container suitable for freezing. Add the last batch of ingredients. Allow the bag to cool (if still hot from the
cooked meat). As much air as you can squeeze out before sealing the bag. Place for 60 to 90 days in the
freezer. Place the items from the bag into the slow cooker when ready to use. Place the cover on top and
simmer for 7-9 hours on LOW heat (or until thoroughly cooked through; each slow cooker may vary
somewhat in this regard).