Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 7 Mins
Total Time: 22 Mins
16 ounces Large frozen cooked shrimp
½ cup of flour
½ cup of cornstarch
½ tbsp salt
½ tbsp white pepper
1 cup of cold water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups of vegetable oil for frying
3 cups of sweetened shredded coconut
Marmalade Dipping Sauce
1 cup of orange marmalade
⅛ cup of Dijon Mustard
⅓ cup of Honey
1 tsp Hot Sauce
1. Set oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Set aside after rinsing and patting dry the thawed shrimp.
3. Combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, and white pepper in a medium bowl.
4. After that, add 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil and water. Mix everything well by whisking. Place aside.
5. Heat 2-3 inches of oil in a large pot until it reaches 325 degrees F.
6. Put coconut on a little cookie sheet or pan.
7. Before rolling in the coconut shreds, each shrimp is dipped in the batter.
8. Fry shrimp in heated oil just until they begin to become golden brown.
9. Bake fried shrimp for five minutes on a large cookie sheet in a preheated oven to complete cooking.
10. Make the Marmalade Dipping Sauce by blending the orange marmalade, Dijon mustard, honey, and
hot sauce in a basin while the shrimp is roasting.
11. Serve the marmalade dipping sauce beside the shrimp.