Prep Time: 25 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 45 Mins
2 pounds peeled russet potatoes
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried dill
Kosher salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Put the potatoes in a big pot and add 1 inch of cold water over them. Drain thoroughly and allow to cool
after bringing to a boil and cooking until parboiled, about 6-7 minutes.
2. Shred potatoes into small pieces using a box grater. Drain potatoes completely with a clean dish towel or
cheese cloth, eliminating as much water as possible.
3. Place potatoes in a big bowl. Add flour, oregano, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and season with salt
and pepper to taste. The mixture must be dry yet workable. Make tots out of potatoes.
4. Warm oil in a big stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
5. Cook the tots in the pan for 3–4 minutes, until they are equally brown and crispy (approximately 5 or 6 at a time). Transfer to a platter covered with paper towels.
6. Serve right away with optional parsley garnish.
1. Take the cooled tater tots and place them in an airtight container. Freeze for up to one month. To bake,
preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit, then bake for 15-17 minutes, until well cooked.