Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
Total Time: 45 Mins
18 mushrooms stems removed
3 tbsp butter divided use
½ cup of finely diced onion
1 tsp minced garlic
8 ounces mild Italian sausage casings removed
4 ounces softened cream cheese
¼ cup of parmesan cheese grated
½ cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
¼ cup of chopped parsley divided use
⅓ cup of panko breadcrumbs
1. Set the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cooking spray a sheet pan, then put the mushrooms on it.
2. Dissolve a tbsp of butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and simmer for 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Remove the pan from the onion mixture.
3. Cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the sausage with a spatula.
4. Place the sausage, onion combination, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and 3 tbsp of chopped parsley in a bowl. To blend, stir.
5. Fill the mushroom caps equally with the sausage mixture.
6. Coat the panko breadcrumbs with the remaining 2 tbsp of melted butter in the microwave.
7. Spread the panko on top of the mushrooms.
8. Bake the mushrooms for 20 minutes, or until the tops are browned and the inside are tender. serve after